Michael Mosley (March 22, 1957) is a multi-talented personality who works as a producer, journalist, presenter, and doctor.
Since 1985, Michael has been working for BBC.
The famous TV presenter Michael was born in Calcutta, India. He presents television programs on biology and medicine. “The One Show” is one of his regular TV shows.
Being a former doctor, the British TV presenter mostly produces science-related shows.
Michael Mosley’s Quick Facts
Let us get to know some of the facts about Michael Mosley.
|Full Name:||Michael Mosley|
|Birth Date:||March 22, 1957|
|Age:||65 Years Old|
|Birth Place:||Calcutta, India|
|Father’s Name:||Not Known|
|Mother’s Name:||Not Known|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches or 180 cm|
|Hair Color:||Black and white|
|Profession:||Television journalist, producer, and present|
|Body Measurements:||Not Known|
|Awards:||Nominated for Emmy and BAFTA
Medical Journalist of the year 1995
|Net Worth:||Not Known|
|Spouse Name:||Clare Bailey|
|TV Shows:||Medical Mavericks, Make Me, The Genius of Invention, Trust Me, I’m a Doctor|
|Books:||The Fast Diet, The Clever Guts Diet, The Fast 800, Fast Asleep|
|Last Update:||June, 2022|
Michael Mosley is a British citizen who was born in Calcutta, India. He was a son of a banker. Unfortunately, not much information has been disclosed about the TV presenter apart from that.
However, the popular journalist once worked as a dishwasher in a cafe in Bournemouth immediately after high school. According to Michael, his salary as a dishwasher was 30 pounds a week.
Moreover, Michael was a big fan of George Orwell when he was 17 years old. After a certain period of time, he moved to London and studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at New College, Oxford. Then, he worked as a banker in the London City itself.
However, after working for some time as a banker, Mosley realized that the banking industry was not his cup of tea.
Then he retired from the banking career and retrained as a doctor.
Body Measurements, Age, Weight, and Height
Apart from the height, which is 5 feet 11 inches, Michael Mosley has not revealed his actual body measurement and weight, but looking at his photos, we can say that he has maintained himself very well.
Moreover, he has his own diet plans and exercises, which continuously help him remain healthy and fit even at 63.
Sooner or later, we may come to know about the actual body measurement of this fit doctor, but for now, we can say that he has maintained himself very well as per his age.
Michael Mosley’s Career
Michael Mosley started his career as a banker in London City. Later he gave up the banking industry and started to work as a trainee assistant producer at BBC in 1995.
Mosley has continuously been working on many movies and TV series, and most of them are related to science.
After gaining the required knowledge to be a producer by working as a trainee, Mosley started to produce his own TV shows.
Mosley has produced many TV shows related to science, like “The Human Face”, which he produced with Professor Robert Winston.
After that, he produced another science program, “Inventions That Changed the World”, in 2004, which Jeremy Clarkson hosted.
Gradually, he became more popular as his shows were loved by the audiences, encouraging him to make more such shows.
Then Michael produced a television series named “The Story of Science: Power, Proof, and Passion” in April-June 2010. He himself presented the show, and the show was broadcasted by BBC Two.
Additionally, he has also presented Blood and Guts, Medical Mavericks for television.
Then, he made another series entitled “The Brain: A Secret History, ” made in 2011. This Series was related to the history of psychology and neuroscience.
Also Read: Michael Tell: Personal Life & Net Worth
Again in 2011, Mosley made a two-part documentary named Frontline Medicine. This documentary had two episodes, Survival and Rebuilding Lives.
This documentary mainly focused on the war between Iraq and Afghanistan, which lasted for 10 years. In addition, the advanced medical treatments of the military personnel were shown in the documentary.
Alongside, Michael has also made a documentary on the benefits of exercises and disadvantages of no exercises to make people aware of how some genotypes could not gain any advantages even if they exercised daily.
Further, the documentary was named “Truth About Exercise”, and it was first aired in 2012.
Additionally, he also presented The Genius of Invention in the documentary “The Truth About Personality” in 2013. This documentary is made on science, which tells us about optimism and pessimism.
Michael Mosley has written a lot of books about eating habits or diet. The books written by him are listed below:
- The Fast Diet
- The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose
- The Clever Guts Diet
- Fast Exercise
- The FastLife: Lose, Weight, Stay
- The Fast 800 Diet: Discover the Ideal
- The Story of Science
- Metal Detecting Tips and Tales
- Fast Asleep
Michael Mosley surely is a multi-talented personality. All his books and documentaries are full of knowledge and very much helpful to live a happy life.
Michael Mosley has a very normal and personal life. He lives with his wife, Clare Bailey, and his 4 sons. One of his sons, Jack, works as a junior doctor in an intensive care unit (ICU).
But, there is no information about his three other children. Michael is very much into investing his money. He invests a lot of money in shares.
Besides, Michael also loves going on vacations with his family.
Michael also donates money to charity. He frequently donates to charities like Oxfam.
Mosley recently donated for the betterment of Diabetes patients in the UK as he was also a Type 2 Diabetes patient in the past. But, overall, a comfortable old age is all he wants.
Lifestyle and Net Worth
Michael Mosley has not revealed his net worth till now. He has not said it in any media, but he is sure that he will have a healthy old age, which clarifies that he has saved a lot of money through a different career.
Maybe he will reveal his net worth sooner or later, but even if he does not do so, we can clearly say that his net worth is somehow high.
But, there’s a lot to know about Mosely’s eating habits.
Mosley has popularised the 5:2 diet, which clarifies that he is very conscious of the diet plan. He thinks that a healthy diet is a must to remain healthy.
Additionally, Michael was also suffering from two Type 2 diabetes, which he cured with his diet plans. Therefore, he is very much conscious about the quality and quantity of the food he eats.
Also Read: Alec Baldwin Net Worth: Charity & Books
Social Media Presence
Michael Mosley prefers to live a normal life, free from all the attention of social media. Thus, He not much active on social platforms.
But, Mosley is active on Twitter as @DrMichaelMosley. He has 113.4K followers on Twitter to date (July 2021).
Interesting facts about Michael Mosley:
- Michael Mosley has written numerous books, out of which his recent book, The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet became an international bestseller in December 2015.
- This popular TV producer also writes for magazines like Focus Magazine and Eureka. Besides, he also writes for the Mail on Sunday, The Times, and Independent.
- Clare, Mosley’s wife, is a GP (General Practioner) who treats chronic and acute illness and provides preventive measures and health education.
- Michael goes on a vacation with all his family members at least once a year, even though all his children are in their 20’s.
- Two out of his 4 children suffered from the Covid-19, but he and his wife were safe.
- Michael actually wanted to become a psychiatrist. He even studied at the Royal Free Hospital to pursue his dream of becoming a psychiatrist.
- Mosley has revealed that he has chronic insomnia in a BBC documentary.
- Michael has recently teamed up with the Daily Mail’s new 30-day health campaign, which was started on Jan 2, 2020.
- Mosley’s wife, Clare Baily, has also written a book recently, and it is entitled The Fast 800 easy.
- According to his tweet on Jan 2, 2021, Michael is coming up with a new series broadcasted by Channel 4. This is great news for all health lovers.
- Michael was nominated for an Emmy and BAFTA for his documentary reporting in Horizon, a documentary series. Moreover, he was also named Medical Journalist of the Year 1995 by the British Medical Association.
Some of the interesting quotes by Michael Mosley:
- “The reality of your life always comes out in pathology.”
- “Seventy-five percent of the world’s food comes from just 12 plants and five animal species.”
- “People who have at least one alcoholic drink a week have a more diverse microbiome than those who don’t drink at all.”
- “You’ll arrive at a place where you say no to the cheesecake because you don’t want it, not because you are denying yourself a treat.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What did Michael do in the 2019 Covid Outbreak?
Michael was in quarantine with his wife, and he worked from home.