Devin Booker currently plays for the Phoenix Suns of NBA, the famous American basketball player who refused to give up.
Hailing from a basketball background with his father, Melvin Booker is one of the most promising NBA players. However, Devin had an in-home role model to follow before starting his career in Basketball.
As a child who always lived in a suburban area, it was difficult for his father to convince him to move to an urban environment.
One thing that made him want to work harder in the initial stage was his father’s words, “Having basketball IQ is just as important as natural athleticism.”
Despite the unpredictable nature of life and the game, Booker groomed his skills after every game and after every season.
What strikes the most about Booker is he thinks of the game at a high level and performs accordingly, which has proven to be helpful to his team’s victory and as an inspiration for the world as a whole.
Booker has done unbelievably well for his franchise team and has been a bright spot for the team in a difficult year.
Today we dig a little deeper into Devin Booker’s life and his graceful journey towards success from where he never looked back. Eventually, we will also glance at his early life, career, and personal life.
|Full Name||Devin Armani Booker|
|Birth Date||October 30, 1996|
|Birth Place||Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA|
|Residence||Mansion in Paradise Valley|
|Father Name||Melvin Booker|
|Mother Name||Veronica Gutierrez|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Current Team||Phoenix Suns|
|Net Worth||$50 Million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook|
|Merch||Clothing, Stickers, Phonecase, Signed picture|
|Last Update||December, 2023|
Age, Weight, and Height
The NBA player is now in his 27th year.
Devin is equally perfect look-wise. The player stands 1.98 m tall and weighs around 93 kg.
Further, Brooker has a dusky skin tone, and his jet-black hair color suits him altogether.
Devin Booker was born to proud mother Veronica, a cosmetologist, and Melvin Booker, a professional NBA player. Born and brought up in Grand Rapids, he visited his father only during the summers.
Booker believes basketball has not only gave him success but had also helped him bond with his father on a deeper level.
Further, Booker is immensely close to his parents, older half-brother, and his half-sister Mya Powell who has Microdeletion Syndrome, a chromosomal genetic disorder.
The maternal family of Booker is from Mexico, thus gaining him, huge support and tremendous love from the Mexican ethnicity.
Soon after playing his freshman, junior varsity, and varsity basketball teams during his freshman year, Booker moved to Mississippi to live with his father. The latter had just retired from professional Basketball.
Booker enrolled in Moss Point high school during his sophomore year, where his father was an assistant coach.
During his team’s fifth game of the season, he led his team to victory with 17 more points than his combined score.
Facing many ups and downs during his sophomore year in the basketball aspect when he was stuck to single-digit scoring, whereas a plethora of times, he was the highest scorer in his team.
Having an average of 22.8 points per game, he was named the South Mississippi player of the year by the Sun Herald, becoming just the second sophomore to be awarded the honor.
Booker also held scholarship offers from Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgetown, Michigan, and South Alabama. He also played Nike Elite Basketball League and participated in Elite 100 Camp.
Let’s go through the career highlight of Devin Booker.
Junior year Career
- Outscored Ocean Springs high school team with 100-55.
- Grabbed seven rebounds and 9 points, with a sprained Medial Collateral Ligament against Harrison Central High School.
- Received scholarship offers from Duke, North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, and Mississippi State.
- Rivals.com ranked him a four-star prospect and the 30th best player overall in the class of 2014.
- ESPN ranked him as the 18th best player overall. Recruiting analyst Evan Daniels called him one of the best shooters in the country.
- Kentucky coach also offered Booker a scholarship.
Senior year Career
- Booker participated in many intense tournaments like Kevin Durant Skills Academy, the LeBron James Skills Academy, the CP3 Elite Guard Camp, and the National Basketball players Association.
- Voted for NBPA camp’s 10-man all-star team by his fellow participants.
- In November 2013, he announced to ESPN that he chose Kentucky as his college, citing the program’s history and coach’s affinity.
- Along with Kentucky’s future teammates, Booker joined McDonald’s All-American Game in 2014.
- In November 2014, Booker was the second-leading scorer in Kentucky’s first exhibition game with 16 points.
- During the same month, he was the season-high scorer against Montana State.
- In 38 games for Kentucky in a year, Booker averaged 10.0 points and 2.0 rebounds, and 1.1 assists in 21.5 minutes per game.
- Booker also earned SEC sixth man of the year honors.
- On April 9, 2015, Booker declared for the NBA draft, forging the final three years of college eligibility.
- During the year 2016, he scored then season-high 21 points. He became the youngest Phoenix Suns player and the fifth-youngest player in NBA history to record a double-double on January 6.
- On March 3, Booker scored a then career-high 34 points against Miami Heat.
- Booker led all rookies in points (22.4) and assists (4.9) per game throughout March. In addition, Booker reached 1014 points for the season, making him the fourth-youngest player to reach 1000 points in NBA history.
- In 2016 Booker was also awarded the NBA Rookie of the year award and earned All-Rookie First Team Honours.
- Devin became the first Suns player to be named as a member of the All-rookie team.
- During the 2016-2017 seasons, he also played for the Suns in Vegas Summer League as a shooting guard.
- In the season 2017-2018, Booker missed the Suns’ final 12 games due to a right-hand sprain. But, on the contrary, he reached 3,000 career points and became the fourth-youngest player in NBA history to score the same.
- During the season 2018-2019, Booker signed a $158 million contract extension with the Suns in July 2018.
- Despite many injuries this season, he managed to be the youngest player in NBA history with a consecutive 50 points game.
- In 2017 he scored 70 points against the Celtics, the most points ever scored against the Celtics. This score was also the most points ever scored in a game in the NBA history in 2017 after Kobe Bryant’s 81.
- In the 2019-2020 season, Booker helped Suns reach 8-0 record as of August 11, 2020, holding an eight-game winning streak for the first time after a decade in the NBA Bubble. Booker also received his first NBA All-star selection in 2020.
- Brooker became the 10th highest scorer in Phoenix Suns franchise history.
- Devin Booker played in the 2016 USA select team.
- Selected as a finalist to play in the US men’s Olympic basketball team, which was postponed due to a catastrophic Covid situation.
Lifestyle and Net Worth
The professional basketball player of the NBA has a net worth of $50 Million.
Further, as of 2021, he earns $29.4 million per annum. Indeed, the player has a huge bank bolt. According to the list of Forbes, Devin Booker was ranked in 62nd position on “The World’s Highest-Paid Athlete” as of 2020.
Moreover, Devin Booker has other endorsements with global brands such as Nike, Foot Locker, Finish Line, which adds to his net worth.
Apart from these, Decon Booker previously owned a huge mansion in Paradise Valley worth $3.5 million. Later, he sold it for $3.45 million, making a profit of $20 million.
Devin Booker is one of the those people who prefer classy items and lives a lavish lifestyle.
To be precise, he owns a 1972 Chevrolet C10 truck worth over $50,000, a Chevrolet Impala Convertible that has a price tag of $40,000, and a matte black Ferrari 488 Spyder costing $280,000.
Similarly, the player has huge love for the lucrative watches since his early days. Devin Booker owns a rose gold Patek 5711 watch, which costs $110,000 these days.
As of recent data, Booker was dating American media personality, socialite, and model Kendall Jenner. They are in a happy relationship and intend to get married soon.
The NBA player has been in a relationship with many fashion models, including Jordyn Woods, an American model from Los Angeles, California.
Also Read: Kevin Durant: NBA, Girlfriends & Net Worth
Social Media Presence
Devin Booker is often active on social media. He has a huge fan following over social platforms.
- Instagram: 4.3 Million followers
- Twitter: 1 million followers
- Facebook: 382 k followers
(Note: The numbers of followers are as of July 2021.)
Some interesting and unknown facts about the NBA player.
- Devin Booker has Hispanic blood.
- Booker’s grandfather was an immigrant from Nogales, Mexico, where he and his family lived for decades.
- Draymond Green once commented about Phoenix Suns guard and told him to get out of Phoenix as he deserved to be in a better team that wins all the games. As a result, Draymond was fined $50,000 for the statement by NBA.
- Devin Booker was the first player in NBA history to debut at 18 years old.
Below mentioned are some of the famous quotes by Devin Booker:
- “That’s something I pride myself on, playing every single game.”
- “I’m growing into my manhood body.”
- “If you play bad, people are going to let you know.”
- “That’s the true meaning of being a leader: being able to deal with the consequences and take the responsibility for it. That’s who I want to be.”
- “You want to win when you go to college.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where does Devin Booker currently live?
There are rumors of Devin Booker currently living in the house in Arizona with a price tag of $10 million, which is yet to be confirmed.
Who is Devin Booker’s agent?
Devin Booker’s agent’s name is Jessica Holtz.