The Met Gala season is here, and we’ve got you fashion enthusiasts covered with all the information you need to know!
Met Gala 2022 was themed In America: An Anthology of Fashion.
This article is about the Met Gala 2022 Review, and we are going to give you a lot of exciting news about the Gala!
Likewise, the 2022 version of the Met Gala follows the Gilded Glamour style, which celebrates the unsung American design heroes.
Furthermore, fashion’s biggest night out had some incredibly gorgeous, hot, and talented celebrities on the red carpet!
Kim Kardashian, Billie Ellish, Ryan Reynolds, you name it, all of them walked the red carpet and showcased their sense of fashion at the 2022 Met Gala.
Want to know more about this year’s Met? Buckle your seatbelts and fix your bowtie as we are going for a fashion ride!
Here’s an article about Countries with the Most LGBTQ+ Athletes in Winter Olympics.
Met Gala 2022: When and Where?
The 2022 Met Gala took place on Monday, 2 May 2022, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the city of dreams, New York.
Similarly, Met Gala is usually held every year on the first Monday of May, except in 2021, due to COVID restrictions.
This year the celebration of art and fashion was hosted by Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, and Regina King. At the same time, Emma Chamberlain and La La Anthony interviewed the stars on the red carpet.
Tom Ford, Adam Mosseri, and Anna Wintour continued as honorary co-chairs in this year’s Gala.
To go back a bit into its history, Anna Wintour has been credited for running the Met Gala event since 1995.
What started as a fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute has become a much-loved annual celebration of fashion.
Sadly, not much is revealed about what goes on once the stars ascend the red carpet. Even the guestlist for the event is top-secret, and only a few of the biggest names are revealed later in the evening.
As expected of the biggest fashion event this year, we got to see the celebrities walk down the red carpet, glammed up in their head-turning gowns and whatnot.
We’ve ranked the Top 10 Super Bowl Halftime Shows of All Time for you!
Met Gala 2022 Review
Since its inception, Met Gala has been the standard and staple for many fashion fanatics and gossipers. The event has always been the town’s talk, from the shimmering dresses to the mind-boggling manipulation of fabrics.
So, did the expectation live up this year, or did the absence of some of the biggest names fizzle out the event?
Let us check out some reviews of the Met Gala 2022.
1. The Kardashian – Jenner
Kim shocked the world when she wore the jaw-dropping Marilyn Monroe dress at the Gala.
Marilyn Monroe wore the hot Jean Louis custom piece in 1962 on President John F. Kennedy’s 45th birthday.
Similarly, the dress was sold for $4.8 million back in 2016 and was acquired by Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum.
Furthermore, Kim borrowed the legendary skintight gown, hand-sewn with more than 6000 crystals. Accompanying her, Pete Davidson wore a simple Dior men’s tuxedo.
Khloe Kardashian made her Met Gala debut with a glamorous dress made by Jeremy Scott.
Following her was the eldest of the Jenner sisters, Kendall Jenner. She wore an exquisite black gown designed by Prada.
The most shocking was the youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, Kylie, as she wore an offwhite designed wedding gown with a cap!
Although the late Virgil Abloh designed Kylie’s dress, the cap was just a bit more!
The momager, Kris Jenner, wore a light green dress, keeping it simple!
Kourtney Kardashian with Travis Barker looked gorgeous on the red carpet as the couple wore Thom Browne.
Additionally, the 2022 Met Gala was the first time all five of Kris’ daughters participated!
Here’s an article about the 12 Most Successful Soccer Teams in England.
2. The Couples
The Kardashian-Jenner clans were not the only ones who glammed up the red carpet.
Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union wore geared up in Versace.
Moreover, Dwayne wore a white coat, and Union wore a silver-colored gown
The newly wedded couple Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz wore Valentino-designed classy outfits.
At the same time, Kaia Gerber and Austin Butler made their Met Gala debut as a couple; Kaia wore a silver dress, whereas Austin wore a classy Black suit!
With his partner, Tracey Collins, New York City mayor Eric Adams rocked the stage wearing Oscar de la Renta.
Miranda Kerr and her hubby, Evan Spiegel are couple goals as they appeared in the 2022 Met Gala in wedding-type dresses; Kerr also wore Oscar de la Renta.
Another Victoria’s Secret model, Jasmine Tookes, appeared in a Zuhair Murad Couture dress with his spouse Juan David Borrero.
Actor Joshua Jackson and his wife Jodie Turner-Smith rocked the Gucci outfits.
Likewise, the British couple Marcus Mumford and Carey Mulligan looked incredible in Schiaparelli.
Claire Danes wore Lanvin, and Hugh Dancy suited up in Fendi Men.
Next up, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner wore black and white Louis Vuitton outfits, as “the Queen of the North” looked gorgeous, flaunting her baby bump!
Vanessa and Miranda looked incredible together as Vanessa wore a purple outfit, and Miranda wore an astonishing tuxedo-type suit!
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, the power celebrity couple who hosted the Met Gala 2022, rocked the red carpet with dashing looks!
Can we talk about Blake Lively’s iconic ivory dress that straight up gave a tribute to the Statue of Liberty?
Let’s be honest; that was the most reaction anyone got that night.
Likewise, Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Carrozzini and her son-in-law Francesco Carrozzini attended this year’s Met Gala as Bee wore Alexander McQueen.
3. Met Gala Debut
Rihanna and Zendaya, the regulars, might have missed the event this year, but we did see some new faces.
Enough to say, several celebrities made their Met Gala Debut in 2022.
First up, Tommy Dorfman, the 13 reasons actor-turned-actress, walked on the red carpet in a black rubber dress with a bag that had Protect Trans Kids written in it!
Similarly, the Kardashian sisters Khloe and Kourtney also debuted this year.
Austin Butler, alongside Priscilla Presley, walked his first Met Gala red carpet!
Austin looked sleek in an all-black Prada tuxedo.
Most importantly, the Squid Game actress HoYeon Jung made her debut at the 2022 Met Gala; she was the only one from the series.
Another Netflix hit, The Bridgerton’s actress Phoebe Dynevor made an impressive Met Gala debut as she wore a sheer lacy Louis Vuitton black dress to the red carpet.
Moreover, the English actress is the ex-girlfriend of Pete Davidson.
Dynevor’s Bridgerton co-star, Simone Ashley, wore Moschino to make a significant statement in the fashion world with her debut.
Similarly, the Crazy Rich Asians actress Michelle Yeoh made her debut wearing a Prabal Gurung-designed caped emerald green dress.
Kieran Culkin, the brother of Macaulay Culkin and ex-boyfriend of Emma Stone, also appeared at the Met Gala for the first time.
The ex-couple shared some photos at the glamorous event!
As for the athlete, two-time Olympic gold medalist Chloe Kim wore a white Giambattista Valli Couture ball gown for her Met Gala debut.
American singer Jon Batiste wore a black and white tuxedo to his Gala debut in 2022.
Leslie Mann and Jude Apatow’s daughter Maude Apatow wore a hot black Miu Miu dress to make her debut this year!
Likewise, Maude’s Euphoria co-star Sydney Sweeney wore a Cream Tory Burch Corset Gown as she also debuted.
Gunna debuted as he wore Thome Browne and carried a Puppy Purse covered in Eliante Jewels.
4. Best Met Gala Dressups of 2022
2022 Met Gala had some A-list celebrities taking part in the event who wore fabulous and unique dresses, making it yet another successful event.
We have made a list of the best Dressups for Met Gala 2022.
- Kim Kardashian: Kim wore the infamous Marilyn Monroe dresses to win the best dress-up award!
- Jodie Turner-Smith: The actress wore an incredibly fashionable 1920s-themed dress; her hair and make-up matched her Gucci outfit.
- Blake Lively: Ryan Reynold’s wife wore a customized Versace dress with a golden design symbolizing the Empire State Building; Ryan was shocked to see his wife in the glorious dress. (He is a real-life Deadpool, you guys!)
- Gigi Hadid: The supermodel wore a Versace burgundy latex catsuit and killed her haters with her fascinating looks!
- Olivia Rodrigo: Rodrigo, who made her second Met Gala appearance in 2022, looked astonishing as she wore a lavender Versace gown as looked like a princess straight out of a castle!
- Alicia Keys: The talented singer, repping NYC, walked on the red carpet with a Ralph Lauren cape in a concrete jungle theme.
- Jared Leto: Jared has gained fame for his Met Gala looks over the years. Undoubtedly, he gained attraction this year by wearing a matching Gucci dress with Alessandro Michele.
- Teyana Taylor & Winnie Harlow: Taylor and Harlow rocked the Iris van Herpen gowns; Harlow wore a black and white dress, and Taylor wore a futuristic purple gown!
- Quannah Potts: The Native American model wore indigenous jewelry and traditional face makeup, enhancing her beauty.
- Eric Adams: NYC Mayor Eric Adams wore a black dress that wrote END GUN VIOLENCE, an iconic look at the Met Gala.
5. Worst Met Gala Dressups of 2022
As there are best, there will always be the worst! And this year, too, there was some attempt at impressing the crowd. But you’ll see why they failed the assignment.
We present you the worst Met Gala Dressups of 2022:
- Fredrik Robertsson: Everyone thought that the one with the fish gill-like dress was Jared Leto, but it was Fredrik Robertsson. Undoubtedly, Fredrik wins the Worst Dressup of the Gala 2022.
- Lenny Kravitz: While Zoe wore a stunning body con dress, her father, Lenny Kravitz, wore a male corset; yes, you heard that right, a male corset.
- Cara Delevingne: If you look at Cara’s outfit for the Met Gala 2022, you sure will wonder what she thought while picking that look!
- Jenner sisters: Both the Jenner sisters wore terrible dresses; while Kendall wore a see-through black dress and dyed her eyebrows blonde, Kylie wore an off-white wedding gown with a backward baseball cap!
- Emma Stone: While other celebrities dressed up with glamour and a little bit extra of everything, Emma chose to dress up simple, and that’s where everything went wrong for her. It’s Met Gala!! Step Up!!
- Emma Corrin: Another Emma has landed on our list of Worst dress-ups; Corrin seriously thought of wearing a bizarre outfit on fashion’s biggest night out!
- Chloe Bailey: Chloe Bailey’s outfit is greenish and looks like an amoeba or algae; viewers must be confused about what that dress resembles. Because we still are.
- Ben Platt: Platt looked a little too young for the black and white suit he wore; he looked like the man from Monopoly!
- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello: The ex-couple both wore terrible outfits; Shawn looked like a vampire or a magician while Camila wore a bridal gown, and her top was confusing.
- Bella Hadid: The younger Hadid sister set the bar so high for herself due to the fantastic outfits she wore at the previous Gala that she disappointed many of her fans this year!
Saugat Manandhar is a freelance content writer for CelebDoko. He is currently studying MBA and is a full-time loner. Saugat loves sports and watching movies and series.
He is a massive Tottenham Hotspur fan