The title receiver of “The Best Fifa Men’s Player” 2020, Robert Lewandowski plays for Bayern Football Munich football club as a striker.
Before joining the team of Bayern Munich, there is more to learn about Robert Lewandowski.
A football star was born from a society where people didn’t understand an athlete’s passion. Continue reading everything about the journey of Robert Lewandowski if you’re also a fan of the Polish striker.
Robert Lewandowski is definitely one of the best strikers globally with his “Polish Football Player of the Year” (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 & 2020).
Along with being the best player in the Bundesliga, he is also the captain of the Poland national team.
Robert Lewandowski: Quick Facts
Here are some quick facts about Robert Lewandowski:
|Full Name||Robert Lewandowski|
|Birth Date||21 August 1988|
|Birth Place||Warsaw, Poland|
|Hobbies||Bike Riding, Car Racing|
|Education||School of Education in Sport, Warsaw, Poland.|
|Father’s Name||Krzysztof Lewandowski|
|Mother’s Name||Iwona Lewandowski|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Associated Teams||Bayern Munich, Poland National Team|
|Individual Awards||Best Fifa Men’s Player 2020, UEFA Best Player in Europe, Footballer of the year (9x), Sports Personality of the Year 2015|
|Wife’s Name||Anna Lewandowska|
|Children||Klara Lewandowska, Laura Lewandowska|
|Net Worth||$85 million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
|Merch||Jersey, Stickers, Phone Covers, Posters|
|Last Update||February, 2023|
Robert Lewandowski: Age, Height, and Weight
The 33-year-old striker Robert Lewandowski has been celebrating his birthday every August since 1988.
According to his birthdate, he is a Leo. Likewise, the player has an enthusiastic, passionate, and generous personality.
Robert weighs around 80 kilograms and has a towering height of 1.85m tall (6ft).
Robert Lewandowski: Early Life
Lewandowski was born on 21st August 1988 in Warsaw, Poland. However, he spent his first years of childhood nearby Leszno, Western Poland.
Being born to a sportsperson family, Krzysztof Lewandowski (father) and mother Iwona Lewandowska (mother), Robert was destined to be a sportsman.
To be precise, his mother was an active volleyball player in the first league Academic Sports Association ‘Warsaw. Similarly, his father was a former judoist and a successful player at the Hutnik Warsaw football club.
Furthermore, Robert’s father used to take him to training sessions. As a result, Robert started to receive the training at Varsovia Warsaw from a very tender age (nine).
After seven years, he left Varsovia and joined the fifth-tier club of Delta Warsaw, a direct supplier of Legia Warsaw players.
Robert had to travel for hours to get the training. Still, his father manages to never let him miss his training or matches.
The player of Bayern Munich found himself lucky to have parents who understood his love and passion for football.
But, it couldn’t last long because of the demise of his father in 2006 caused by a sudden stroke. It was devastating for Robert. He often regrets that he could not talk about the things he wanted to speak to his father.
His father named him ‘Robert’ so that no one would mistake his name once he became an international player.
But unfortunately, he couldn’t even make it to watch his son’s first senior game. But deep inside, he believes that his father is watching all his games from above and being proud of him.
Robert moved out to his sister’s house in Warsaw to lessen his mother’s financial burden. But, at such a young age, he had to face many difficulties.
You might like to read: The Best 13 Popular Football Players of this Year
Robert Lewandowski: Career
Clubs and Contracts
Delta Warszawa (2004-2006)
- Scored four goals.
Znicz Pruszków (2006-2008)
- Despite Robert’s prone injury (during the contract with Legia Warsaw), he was signed.
- Robert became the Polish third division’s top scorer with 15 goals.
- Znicz Pruszków win the promotion. The following season, he again became the top scorer with 21 goals in the Polish second division.
Lech Poznań (2008-2010)
- Signed Robert Lewandowski for 1.5 million PLN
- In his debut match, Robert scored the only goal as a substitute in a first-round UEFA Cup qualifier versus Khazar Lankaran from Azerbaijan.
- Furthermore, he became the second top scorer of the season during his Ekstraklasa debut, where he scored a heel flick goal just four minutes into the game in a match against GKS Belchatów.
- The following season, he helped his team win the 2009-10 championship, becoming the top scorer with 18 goals.
Borussia Dortmund in (2010-2014)
- Robert signed a four-year contract with a Bundesliga club, Borussia Dortmund. His fee was reported to be worth around €4.5 million.
- In the 2011-12 Bundesliga campaign, his debut season, Robert finished the year, becoming the third top goalscorer with 22 goals, none from the penalty spot, and six assists.
- On 24 April 2013 at Borussia Dortmund versus Real Madrid match of Champions League, Lewandowski became the first to score four goals and defeated Madrid by 4-1.
- In the 2013-14 season, Lewandowski became the top goalscorer in the Bundesliga with 20 goals.
- On 17 May, Lewandowski played his final match for Dortmund in the 2014 German Cup final against Bayern Munich. Unfortunately, Dortmund lost the game. That season, he scored 28 goals in 48 games.
Bayern Munich ( 2014- Present)
- On 3 January 2014, Lewandowski signed a five-year contract with Bayern Munich and was officially presented as a Bayern Munich player on 9 July 2014.
- Furthermore, Robert set Bundesliga records for the fastest hat-trick (three goals in four minutes) and most goals scored by a substitute (five). He finished the 2015-16 season, scoring 42 goals in 51 matches.
- Lewandowski scored 100 goals for Bayern in his 137th appearance for the club on 11 March 2017. Again, in the 2016-17 season, he scored 42 goals in 47 matches.
- On 11 February 2018, he was voted Poland’s Footballer of the Year for the seventh time.
- In the 2017-18 season, Lewandowski won Bundesliga’s top goalscorer award for the third time with 29 goals. He finished the season, scoring 41 goals in 48 matches.
- Lewandowski recorded the first-ever hat-trick in the German Super Cup against Eintracht Frankfurt in the 2018 edition, leading Bayern Munich to win the record seventh time on 12 August 2018.
- In a 5-1 win over Benfica, Lewandowski scored two goals, making him the third-fastest player to score 50 in the Champions League. He became the top scorer in the UEFA Champions League group stage with eight goals in six matches.
- In the 2018-19 season, Lewandowski reached a 40-goal landmark for the fourth consecutive season as he finished the season with 40 goals in 47 matches.
Extend of Contract on 29 August 2019, until 2023.
- Lewandowski equaled Cristiano Ronaldo’s record of nine away goals in a season in Europe’s top club competition on 25 February 2020.
- Robert became the first Polish player to win the title of “The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2020 on 17 December 2020”.
- On 17 January 2021, he became the first player in Bundesliga history to score 21 goals after 16 games.
- On 6 March 2021, he scored his 12th Bundesliga hat-trick in a 4–2 win over his former club Borussia Dortmund. With this, he reached 31 goals in 23 matches.
- On 13 March 2021, he scored a 3–1 away win over Werder Bremen. This score made him the joint-second on the all-time Bundesliga scoring list with 268 goals.
The Unsigned Contract
Lewandowski almost backed out from his oral contract with Bayern and joined Real Madrid. However, Borussia wanted him to join a La Liga Real Madrid rather than their rival Bayern Munich.
The terms Real Madrid was offering was a six-year contract from July 1, 2014, to just over a month ago, June 30, 2020. The contract was worth €8.6 gross annually, and on top of that, Lewandowski would receive a signing bonus of €10.9 million.
But Bayern Munich promised him the most important thing, the Jersey no. 9. It was something that Real was not able to offer. So real was pressuring Lewandowski a lot, and then Bayern increased their salary terms.
Bayern was not letting Lewandowski go. But, in the end, we all know Lewandowski chose to play for Bayern Munich.
You might like to read: Neymar: Early Life, Family, Career & Net Worth
Robert Lewandowski: Personal Life
Life is challenging; however, it gets easier when you have someone to share those hardships with. Lewandowski found that someone and Anna Lewandowska.
Consequently, Anna is also a sportsperson. She is a bronze medalist at the 2009 Karate World Cup. Finally, on 22nd June 2013, they got married in the Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Serock.
Now, the couple has two daughters together. They named their first-born Klara Lewandowska, 2017, and their second-born Laura Lewandowska, 2020.
Indeed, Robert is quite a family man, a small and happy family.
Robert Lewandowski: Charity
Evidently, Robert and his wife, Anna, have donated, supported, and raised money for various charitable organizations. They have also helped a lot of children through their donations.
In 2018, they raised more than 150,000 PLN for the Children’s Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw during Anna’s birthday. In addition, Lewandowski also donated 100,000 PLN to treat a three-year-old boy from Hel, Cyprian Gaweł.
Further, Robert Lewandowski was named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in March of 2014.
Recently, during the covid-19 pandemic of 2019/20, Lewandowski and his wife, Anna, donated 1 million euros to the ‘We kick corona,’ a campaign set up by Bayern Munich’s German players Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich.
Salary, Lifestyle, and Net Worth
Briefly, Robert Lewandowski’s net worth is $85 million. His base salary is $24 million, and the remaining comes from endorsements.
Currently, he resides in Warsaw, which is estimated to be around $7.5 million. The total estimated value of his houses and properties is about $17 million.
Additionally, he also owns several luxury cars of Maserati, Aston Martin, Audi, and Ferrari. All these cars are worth around $9 million.
Besides, he has endorsed brands like Huawei, Nike, PlayStation, Signor Leone, and the Vistula.
You might like to read: Pete Carroll: Early Life, Career, Personal Life & Net Worth
Robert Lewandowski: Facts
Some of the facts about Robert Lewandowski are mentioned below:
- Lewandowski is related to Adolf Hitler. He is the grandson of Hitler’s youngest sister Pawla Hitler who died in the year 1960.
- Robert has won awards like Best Player of the year in Poland, Polish Sports personality of the year, UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award, The Best FIFA Men’s Player, FIFA FIFPro World XI more.
- In October 2020, Lewandowski became a master’s degree holder in Sport Education from the School of Education in Sport, Warsaw, Poland, with distinction.
- Robert has scored 293 goals for Bayern Munich out of 338 matches.
Robert Lewandowski: Social Media
Lewandowski is often active on social media. Thus, he frequently posts about his family and teammates, as well as his matches.
Social media that he uses are Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Robert Lewandowski: Quotes
- “Be responsible. We believe we’ll be able to return to our normal lives soon. We’re in this situation together, and we’ll endure it together.”
Frequently Asked Questions FAQS
How many goals has Lewandowski scored in his life?
Till now, Lewandowski has scored 63 international goals, being Poland’s all-time top scorer. He has played 335 matches in his current club Bayern Munich and scored 284 goals.
Why is Lewandowski famous?
For starters, he has won the Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2020. Besides, he is one of the best strikers in the world who plays for FC Bayern Munich.
Does Lewandowski have a tattoo?
No, Lewandowski refuses to wear any tattoo on his body. He is one of the few footballers who don’t have a tattoo.
Who is Robert Lewandowski’s agent?
Robert Lewandowski’s agent is a renowned dealmaker, Pini Zahavi. The hiring of Zahavi was rumored to be the start of Lewandowski trying to seal a summer move to Real Madrid.