Torah Bright, the Australian professional snowboarder, is the gold medalist of the Olympics twice.
Not only that, she has bagged several medals from different competitions.
To be precise, she is a former gold Olympian and silver medalist, two times X Games gold medalist and Global Open Champion, three-time US Open, and World Superpipe Champion.
The famous snowboarder has a huge fan following. The number of fans kept skyrocketing directly with her achievements.
Get a little more detail about Torah Bright from the quick facts below:
Torah Bright: Quick Facts
|Birth Date||27 December 1986|
|Birth Place||Cooma, New South Wales|
|Education||Cooma North Public School|
|Father’s Name||Peter Bright|
|Mother’s Name||Marion Bright|
|Siblings||Ben and Rowena Bright|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (163 cm)|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Body type||33-24-34 inches|
1st – Half-pipe–Winter Olympics (2010 Winter Olympics)
2nd – Half-pipe – Winter Olympics (2014 Winter Olympics)
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook|
|Merch||Rhythm Snowsports, Subway, and Boost Mobile.|
|Last Update||October, 2021|
Torah Bright: Age, Weight, and Height
The 35 years old snowboarder was born on 27th December to Bright’s family. According to her date of birth, her Zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Talking about Torah’s appearance, she is 5 ft 4 in (163 cm) tall and weighs 57 kg. A perfect body with beautiful light brown eyes and straight blonde hair.
Overall, she looks just beautiful with her natural look.
Torah Bright: Early Life
Torah Bright’s hometown is Comma New South Wales. Her father’s name and mother’s names are Peter Bright and Marion Bright, respectively.
The Bright family has quite a big family, and Torah’s is the youngest born in the family.
Further, Torah’s name was named after a book called “first five books of the Tanakh” by her sister, Rowena.
Torah completed her basic education at Cooma North Public School in South wales.
Being raised in a place near snowy mountains, any kid would start skiing from an early age. Similarly, Torah also started skiing at the age of 2 and snowboarding series by 11. Later, she became a professional snowboarder by the time she was 14.
Besides, her professional family background in snowboarding has shaped her to become a successful player. Her brother, Ben, who was also her coach, is also a professional snowboarder.
Likewise, her elder sister Rowena also competed in Alpine Skiing at the Olympics in 2002.
Torah Bright: Career
As per astrologists, Capricorns are well-known for their ambitious, organized, practical, and goal-oriented personalities. So it makes all sense why Torah is so determined towards her career.
Torah achievements are highlighted below:
- Runner-Up for the World Cup 2003 at 16 years.
- Silver medalist at the Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado, in 2006.
- The gold medalist from Australia during Winter X Games (11), beating Winter Olympic medalists Gretchen Bleiler and Hannah Teter.
- In 2007, Bright took first at the Nissan X-Trail Nippon Open in the women’s half-pipe.
- Winner of World Super Pipe Championships 2007, defeating 2002 Olympic gold medalist Kelly Clark.
- Torah Bright became a 2006-2007 Women’s TTR World Champion.
- In 2009, she also won second-time EXPN Winter X games 13 on the super-pipe.
- Bright won her first Winter Olympic gold at the Winter Olympics, 2010, Vancouver in the half-pipe. Torah beat Hannah Teter (42.4) and Kelly Clark(42.2) with 45 out of 50.
- Silver medalist of the half-pipe Winter Olympics, 2014, held in Sochi, Russia, with 91.50.
Besides winning the trophies and the titles, Torah is also into movies.
To date, Torah has given movies, namely, Out of Bounds Mountain Adventure, City. Park City and Last Winter: An All-Girl Snowboard Film.
The movie ‘Out of Bounds Mountain Adventure‘ shows her adventure journey from the penguins of Antarctica to the polar bears of the Arctic.
Furthermore, Torah was a contestant in the fourteenth season of Dancing with the Stars.
Torah Bright: Lifestyle and Net Worth
In total, Torah has a net worth of $1 Million – $5 Million, which she made from her career in snowboarding and movies.
Apart from this, the Olympian also has a sponsorship with Rhythm Snowsports. She also has head-to-toe sponsorship with Roxy. Her other sponsors include Subway and Boost Mobile.
In an interview, Torah shared few things about lifestyle. We came to know that Torah usually starts the day with a protein shake and of the practice on mountains.
Torah has a lot of proteins source like eggs, crabs, and steamed veggies on her diet. Likewise, every girl, Torah can’t say no to chocolates. Moreover, she hates the gym. She instead prefers yoga.
Surprisingly, Torah is one of them who doesn’t consume alcohol. The Olympian believes in going with what the body wants at the moment rather than following a strict diet rule.
Lastly, we hope, Torah will give her fans more to see in the future with her talent and enthusiastic personality.
Torah Bright: Personal Life
In 2010, Torah Bright got married to the American professional snowboarder Jake Welch. But their marriage couldn’t last long, and the couple officially ended being apart in 2013.
After two years of divorce, Torah got remarried to a snowboarder Angus Thomson. Now, the duo has a beautiful son.
Indeed, Torah loves her family and equally has a passion for her career, known from her Instagram post. It has been flooded with her family pictures and profession.
Torah Bright: Charity
The shining star, Torah Bright, is an inspiration for many young athletes out there. The snowboarder has broken the stereotype that only males can be an athlete.
In 2018, Torah joined an event called “Mini Shred” with other Olympians. The snowboarder was amazed to see a new talent lining up.
Further, Torah also united NWYF (Newyork Fashion Week), a charitable fashion show. At the fashion show, Torah wore a red strapless gown by Nicole Miller.
Apart from this, Torah unified with a charity “hole-in-one” golf event at the Australia Open.
Torah Bright: Social Media
The Australian snowboarder often uses different platforms of social media to reach out to her fans and well-wishers.
Here is mentioned the platforms she uses with the number of followers (as of July 2021).
- Twitter: 106.7 K followers
- Instagram: 209 K followers
- Facebook: 216 K followers
Torah Bright: Facts
- The book named “Torah Bright: It takes courage” was published in November 2014. The book is about her biography.
- Torah Bright holds the highest record of winnings amongst female snowboarders.
- Torah is a lefty snowboarder.
- Bright became the first and only athlete to qualify for all three snowboarding disciplines; half-pipe, slopestyle, and boarder-cross.
Torah Bright: Quotes
- “You can’t give to other people if you aren’t giving yourself what you need if you’re not nourishing yourself first.”
- “We, as human beings, are capable of so much. To find the courage to make it all possible is what makes us fully human.”
- “When I snowboard, the mountain is like a blank canvas I can paint my way down.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where does Torah Bright live now?
Torah Bright is currently living in Cooma, Australia.
What is the name of Torah Bright’s son?
Torah Bright’s son’s name is Angus.